It is the policy of Welders Supply Company of Louisville Inc (“Welders Supply”) to fill Welders Supply cylinders (indicated by company name on the neck ring).
the following are the only allowable exceptions to this policy. Cylinders that are not Welders Supply cylinders can only be handled as a “leave and fill”:
- The customer has a bill of sale from a distributor or other entity, and that entity’s name appears on the cylinder neck ring, or if the neck ring is blank.
- Make a copy of the bill of sale to be kept in customer’s file, and enter that cylinder in the customer’s cylinder file.
- A copy of the driver’s license must also be kept in the customer’s file to verify that the buyer shown on the ownership document and the person at the counter are the same.
- If the bill of sale indicates the buyer is a company, the person presenting the cylinder for filling must indicate how he is affiliated with that company (The counter person should telephone the company, if necessary, to verify employment).
- If the customer claims to own the cylinder but has no bill of sale or other certificate of title, look at the cylinder neck ring to determine the distributor’s name.
- Telephone the distributor to verify ownership document for our company records, and include that document in the customer’s cylinder file upon receipt.
- Again, if the bill of sale indicates the buyer is a company, the person presenting the cylinder for filling must indicate how he is affiliated with that company (the counter person should also verify the presenter’s employment when telephoning the company) and that he has authority to have the cylinder filled.
- If the customer claims to have purchased the cylinder at a public sale, the sale document from the auctioneer will not be sufficient to prove ownership unless it is accompanied by a bill of sale from a distributor or other entity and that entity’s name appears on the cylinder neck ring.
- A proper document of sale or title from the auctioneer must be obtained indicating ownership of the cylinder before we will fill it.
- Drivers should not return to our company facilities with cylinders other than Welders Supply cylinders as marked on the neck ring.
- If the customer persists in demanding filling of a cylinder marked with another company name, have the customer contact Welders Supply’s main office by telephone and verify ownership of the cylinder by one of the above methods.
- If a non-Welders Supply cylinder is found in a Welders Supply facility, notify management at once and every effort will be made to return the cylinder to its rightful owner.
- This policy does not apply to:
- acetylene cylinders with a capacity of less than 50 cu. ft.
- high-pressure cylinders with a capacity of less than 80 cu. ft.
- propane cylinders less than 30 lbs.
- Those cylinders may be accepted for exchange and refilled with a verbal statement by the customer that the customer is the owner or has the owner’s permission to have the cylinder filled, or by completion of a written cylinder ownership acknowledgement form.
- Welders Supply maintains an inventory of food grade CO2 aluminum cylinders in sizes less than 20lbs. on the cylinder dock for convenient exchange by customers. In the event a customer requires a leave and fill of the specific aluminum cylinder they drop off then there will be an extra cylinder handling charge.
- Customers who require a “leave and fill” of a customer owned cylinder -or- who exchange cylinders identified in item 6 above will be charged a Retest fee and/or a Repaint Fee, as approppriate.
- Customers who do not pick up a “leave and fill” cylinder after 30 days will be subject to paying a storage fee for the cylinder.
All cylinders must be manufactured and certified to a recognized standard. The US Department of Transportation (DOT), Transport Canada (TC), and UN/ISO all have established cylinder standards. Welders Supply will only fill, exchange, and/or transport cylinders manufactured to a recognized standard and that have appropriate cylinder markings.